Welcome!

First time on this blog? Beijing Traffic Lesson: Left Turn is probably a good place to start.

Thursday, June 7, 2007

The Brands You Trust



Phew! That post yesterday took a lot out of me. So today's is short and sweet.

My refrigerator smelled bad the other day, which was inexplicable to me as it contains a 2 liter of Pepsi, a jar of pickles, some soy sauce and 5 cans of beer, but I needed to do something about it. So I went to Jenny Lou's, a store that caters to foreigners by carrying brands we recognize, to pick up a box of baking soda.

When I got home, I looked at it a little closer:


Ah, Arm & Hatchet. When you care enough to choose something that closely resembles the very best.

IN OTHER NEWS

I GUESS THEY DON'T THINK MUCH OF ME MENTALLY:
I was amused to realize that the elevators in my building have a different carpet that they put down for each day of the week:


"Man, what did I DRINK last night? I don't even know what day of the week it-- Oh! Thank you, elevator floor!"

On the other hand, I've been here about a month and only just noticed, so maybe they're on to something...

ME WANTEE!
I want one of these. I would be the coolest guy in Minneapolis.